Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's all the same


Last night, my parents called me out into the dining room where they were reading the paper.

"Read this," they urged me, gesturing towards the international news section. I complied. It was an article about how Uganda was working on passing a bill that would put doctors treating homosexuals in jail and the homosexuals themselves onto death row.

Watching my face carefully, my parents frowned. I made no expression. "We thought you'd be more upset." they admitted.

I smiled grimly. "It's not like it's that much different from a country of the free who disallows people to love each other. It's just another extreme.

And it is. Fun fact: "The bill has an American genesis of sorts, inspired to a large extent by the visits of U.S. evangelicals who are involved with a movement that promotes Christianity's role in getting homosexuals to become "ex-gays" through prayer and faith."

Way to go, America. Way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment