Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Priorities part dos


Oh, Tiger Woods.

I'm sure we've all heard of his scandal, and I'm sure the people who hadn't heard of the scandal know about it now, thanks to his press conference.

But I'm sure I'm not alone when I wish that press conferences were reserved for important things, like the new Health Care bill.

No public option, Obama? How many times was that promised to us?

Apparently, the House agrees with me. According to the Wall Street Journal, "Democrats' last hope for completing the overhaul is to use a process known as budget reconciliation. The House would pass the version of the overhaul that the Senate passed Dec. 24, and both chambers would also pass a package of changes based on the new proposal the White House released Monday. That proposal incorporates some House Democrats' ideas, such as more generous subsidies to help lower earners buy insurance. Under reconciliation, a simple majority is needed for Senate passage."

But America might disagree. According to CNN, "Two-thirds of Americans think that the Republicans in Congress are not doing enough to cooperate with President Obama, according to a new national poll."

Interesting. I suppose I'll keep my mouth shut while this whole thing works itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment