Sunday, March 28, 2010

Green Jobs


Yeah, yeah. There's been a break in blog posting. But I got my wisdom teeth out last week, so I've been loopy with pain medication. Whatever.

Green jobs make sense. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. Not only does it promote clean energy- which will sustain us for a lot longer than fossil fuels- but also the creation of jobs, many of which could be considered skilled.

Obviously, things aren't going to change immediately. It's ridiculous to assume that. Of course we can't just raise the masses magically out of unemployment, because there's things to work out, as this economic downturn wasn't exactly planned, but they will be raised.

And look, the economy isn't actually that bad. During the Great Depression, unemployment was 25% and higher. Today, it's like 12-15%. It's bad, yes, but I don't see a Dust Bowl anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment